- O'Neal started his Comedy career in his native Boston at an pen mic night a Estelle's Bar and Grill in 1992.
- in the late 1990's he moved to New York City
- He relocated to Los Angeles but limited guest and small television roles force him to look t his options.
- he relocated again to United Kingdom where he became a fixture on the UK club scenes
- He returned to New York in 2002 and the opportunities start pouring in:
- Did his First half-hour special for show time follow year
- 2002 The Colin Quinn Show,Contest searchlight, Tough crowd with Colin Quinn
- 2003 Chapelle show's,Head of state, In the cut, Yes dear, Ed, Arrested developed
- 2004 The jury,Shorties watching shorties, O'Grady(2004-2006)
- 2005 Office (2005-2007)
- 2006 We junk 2.0, Scary movie 4
- 2008 Assy McGree,ZRock
- 2010 Funny vengeance
- 2011 Roast of Charlie Sheen
"So sad. RIP," Kevin Smith added. "I shared some air & some air time with the man on O&A & he was always funny & thoughtful. Patrice — he WILL be missed."
"Saturday Night Live" star Seth Meyers remembered the comic on Twitter as well. "RIP Patrice O'Neal," he wrote. "A day spent watching clips of him on-line is a day well spent."
Dane Cook knew the comic for a long time, and he shared his memories of him on Twitter. "I started my career w/ Patrice O'Neal," he wrote. "He was 1 of the best ever. Fond memories of road gigs, late night eats & laughs."
Pro wrestler Chris Jericho, who knew O'Neal when he worked as a writer for the WWE, also tweeted about his passing. "Sad to hear about Patrice O'Neal. ... I met him when he was a WWE writer and worked w him many times," he wrote. "Sweet guy and very funny! God bless u man."
Seth Myers: "RIP Patrice O'Neal. A day spent watching clips of him on-line is a day well spent."
Bob Saget: "Patrice O'Neal. So damn funny and so smart and such a giant heart.
Questlove: "So grateful i got to see Patrice Oneal do his last NYC gig. man this is so devastating. he truly was one of my favorite comics. RIP."
Sinbad: "One of the funniest comics I know Patrice Oneal died last nightafter previously suffering from astoke [sic]. I pray for yours."
if you would like to share your thoughts: email@example.com